Sandy Creek Central School District
Welcome to Sandy Creek Elementary School! I am extremely proud and honored to hold the title of Elementary Principal here at SCCS. I am very pleased to be able to work with the staff, students, parents and community of Sandy Creek Elementary during the 2017-2018 school year. I am excited about all of the wonderful things which have been and will continue to happen here.
Thank you for taking the time to view our website and for becoming involved in the educational community. As a rural school, parent and community involvement can make such a difference in the lives of our students. Developing the love of learning builds passion and commitment for continual, life-long learning. It is our hope that teachers, students, and parents work in a partnership to achieve our goals. Each month we will post updates here on our webpage about what has been happening recently. Below, you will find a few friendly reminders that will help our school to ensure the safety and well-being of all faculty, staff, and students.
As the Elementary Principal it is exciting to see the students grow fundamentally with reading, writing and math. We strongly believe learning is a process and mistakes are recognized as part of that process. Each student possesses unique talents and requires individualized instruction to address academic growth for each student in each classroom. We also strive to provide a well-rounded education supporting social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
Our goal is to provide your child with the highest quality instruction each and every day. We recognize that each child is unique. Each has his/her own gifts, talents, and needs. We will do our best to provide the academic, artistic, social, and emotional support, in collaboration with you, to best meet children’s individual needs and aspirations while being mindful that they are still kids.
Lastly, as you tuck your kids in at night, please know that all of us at Sandy Creek Elementary care for and love your children. We are excited about helping them learn and grow physically, socially, mentally and emotionally. I encourage you to get involved in your child’s educational future. It is going to be an amazing year of learning for every student at Sandy Creek!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or celebrations you might have about our school. Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to a great year!
Yours in Education,
Timothy I Filiatrault
Sandy Creek Elementary Principal
(315)-387-3445 ext 1110
A few reminders for parents of elementary students as we prepare for the new school year ahead:
- Students are allowed in the building at 7:55 AM. There is no supervision before this time, so please be mindful of this when dropping your child off at school.
- School starts at 8:00 AM each day. If you transport your child or if they walk, thank you in advance for having them here on time. Students are tardy if they arrive after 8:15 AM. They must be signed in by an adult and they must get a pass from the office before going to class. This includes students coming from the Health Center. If you have your child go to the nurse or Health Center before going to class, they must come to the office before going to their classroom, as attendance may already have been taken.
- Mrs. Hobbs and Ms. Rowell will oversee our Elementary Morning Program this year. We are excited to announce that we will begin incorporating Stephen Covey's, The Leader in Me activities into Morning Program.
- All K-5 students must report to either our breakfast program or to Morning Program upon arrival at 8:00 AM. Students may not be in the halls or in classrooms between 7:55-8:20 AM.
- Bus changes must be in the office by 10:00 AM. Please send in a written bus note or call the elementary office no later than 10:00 AM to make a bus route change.
- Please put your child's name or initials and grade on their belongings, as many items are easily misplaced in the course of the day. We do our best to return lost items, but sometimes cannot identify the owners. Please check the lost and found outside the office if you are missing an item.
- Mrs. Waggoner is at the side door each afternoon at 2:55 until 3:15 PM to help your child move safely to and from the building.
- Dismissal is at 3:00 PM. Parents picking up their child may wait by the pick-up side doors. For the safety of all students, we will bring your child to you. Please DO NOT go to your child's classroom.
- Carefully check the monthly calendars we send home with students. The district calendar is printed in August and we have many changes that occur during the year. Each month's calendar is much more accurate and detailed. Additional copies can be obtained in the Elementary Office or from your child's teacher.
- I encourage you to read with your child for 20 minutes every day. Research proves that consistent practice in reading develops life long skills that lead to success!
Do you suspect abuse or maltreatment?
Contact: OCFS website http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps/
Call our Statewide Toll Free Telephone Number: 1-800-342-3720
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call TDD/TTY at 1-800-638-5163 or have your Video Relay System provider call 1-800-342-3720
If you believe that a child is in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police department.
The Sandy Creek Central School District is committed to providing a website that is accessible to all members of our community. Good faith efforts are being made to ensure that our website complies with web accessibility standards. We are actively working to conform to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. If you have difficulty accessing information on our website, please contact our webmaster and provide the full URL (web address) of the material you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information. We will contact you and make every effort to assist you in accessing the information.
Please note that some pages contain links to third-party sites. Sandy Creek Central School District is not responsible for the content, facts, opinions, or accessibility of third-party sites. To file a Section 504/ADA complaint with the District please contact the District Title IX Coordinator, any complaint may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005. Telephone (646) 428-3800 (Voice) or (800) 877-8339 (TTY)